Sticking to a detailed yeast infection diet plan is the best place to start to cure Candida over growth. Current research has indicated that having the correct diet could prevent diseases, health problems also yeast infections. First, we’ll learn what a yeast infection is and what causes it. Then we’ll discuss the connection between a well defined diet and how it effects a yeast infection.
Yeast Infection, What is it?
The scientific name for a yeast infection is Candida and it is a single cell microbes that is found in: the mouth, genitals, intestine and etc. A healthy balance of a strong immune system and good bacteria keeps the microbes from over growing. If this balance is disrupted Candida can grow into a root like shape and get into the bloodstream. Once Candida is in the bloodstream it can give off yeast infection symptoms and reach throughout the body, local and systemic infections.
There are many angles to naturally and holistically cure a yeast infection. The first step is the relationship between food and Candida over growth. By understanding these basic rules you can prevent yeast infections from spreading. By following the diet recommendations below with other changes in lifestyle and nutrition you’ll experience positive results not just in your yeast infection but also in your overall health.
6 diet suggestions to fight against your Yeast Infection:
1) It is very important to maintain a good “PH” level in your blood. PH is on a scale from 0 to 14, 14 is the most alkaline, 7 is natural and 0 is the most acid. The best range is between PH 7.35 to 7.45 in the body. Any extra acid allows the yeast infection to spread. You’ll get closer to a PH balanced body by eating alkaline forming foods that are rich in magnesium, cesium, calcium, sodium, potassium like almonds, fresh vegetables and selected green juices, etc. Also, with moderate intake of food that form good acids like fish, most meats, grain and dairy products to gain control the yeast infection growth. (Consult with a doctor when starting a new diet for your specific situation)
2) Discovered in a study by Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University in New York that foods that are rich in beta-carotene converts’ vitamin A naturally in the body can offer some protection.
3) A strong immune system is part of a healthy balance to fight against a yeast infection. By using antibiotics can weaken your immune system and kill off good bacteria. Many nutritionists recommended to stop taking antibiotics and reducing their intake of dairy since dairy has some levels of antibiotics. To strengthen your immune system take garlic daily.
4) Cow’s milk should be avoided since it could cause allergic reactions and created extra mucus which takes longer to digest. The main yeast infection factors are allergies and digestive problems. Organic goat or sheep’s milk are good alternatives.
5) Stop eating simple carbohydrates and refined sugars. Examples are molasses, honey and refined carbohydrates like white flour, white sugar, white rice and etc. Eating these kinds of foods will allow the yeast infection to spread. Good alternatives would be Stevia for sugar and non-gluten products like brown rice and buck wheat bread.
6) Any foods that contain yeast, mold can give Candida good conditions to grow. Ignore foods like mushrooms, dries fruits, canned vegetables, white vinegar and some condiments.
You can’t cure a yeast infection from one angle.
To cure the root problem to a yeast infection you must fight it from different angles. But, you will receive some relief to the yeast infection symptoms by changing and being consistent in a diet like above.
To learn about the different angles to naturally cure a yeast infection read this article.
Now let me know what you think by leaving a comment.