There are always two sides of a coin. With this is mind, you need to remember that if there are food types that are bad for your yeast infection, there will always Candida friendly foods too! You need to know what food to eat to help yeast infection from spreading. Of course, your Candida diet menu should include raw fruit and vegetables.
Time and again, you have been informed about the healing wonders of natural food. Not only Candida friendly foods heal you but these also help you balance your hormones, a great way to hasten the healing process. Listed below are not Candida diet recipes for breakfast, but rather Candida diet food list that will give you information why these types of food is important to be taken in.
Candida Friendly Foods: Fruit
The raw type is the name of the game. This way, you do not strip the fruit of the vital minerals needed by your body. A Candida diet plan should always include certain types of fruit. But, remember, choose the ones that are not overly sweet. As a rule of the thumb, the sweeter anything gets, the more you should avoid them. So, do not cook the fruit as you only release the sugars in it. You should also avoid dried ones because these may be packed with loads of sugar as it acts as preservatives.
Choose the ones that have been freeze-dried. Even if almost all types of fruit have low glycemic index, bananas, melons, oranges and other tropical fruits are not part of the Candida friendly foods as these have high sugar levels. Better check a Candida diet cookbook to know which would work for you and which would not. If you have a severe case of candidiasis, it is advised that you should avoid fruit in your diet.
- Lentils- these are great sources of protein. Lentils can be considered as superfoods because of its high nutritional value. Not only this, lentils are easily digested by the body. Choose the one that have been sprouted as these contain more of that nutrition than the ones that have not been sprouted. But you need to take them in moderation as high protein levels in the body is also not good.
- Non-starchy Vegetables- the green, leafy ones are the best. Non-starchy vegetables are recommended without any precaution or moderation. These provide complex carbohydrates. This means that the starches in these vegetables are slow to burn in the body. These would include cauliflower, broccoli and some collards and lettuce.
- Whole Rice- brown rice is the other term for this kind of rice. Whole rice is not stripped of its nutritional value, as compared with white rice.
- Nuts- raw nuts are also recommended but in limited amounts. As healthy as they may be, they are packed with loads of protein, which, when taken in generous amounts can cause stomach indigestion.
Candida Friendly Foods: Herbs
They may seem like small leaves and seeds but these tiny plants have more than you need. They are packed with antioxidants that can help flush out toxins created as wastes by the yeast in your body.
- Garlic – Garlic is a known cleanser since the ancient times. Garlic acts like an antibiotic as well as an antiseptic. This means that it would not only cleanse your body but can also fight bad organisms. Garlic can also lower cholesterol present in the blood. If you want a more potent effect on your condition, garlic should be taken in in its raw form.
- Seeds – Pumpkin seeds as well as sunflower seeds contain loads of fatty acids that can aid in your digestion. Not only this, it also contains enzymes need of the body but the body cannot produce on its own.
Candida Friendly Foods: Water
One should not do away with the benefits of water. Without water, your body will not be able to function well. You become dehydrated. When you have a yeast infection, one important activity is to detoxify your body. What better way to do this than to drink 2 liters of water or until your urine becomes transparent. Water will flush those toxins out of your body. With water, it would be easier for your kidneys to remove the impurities in your body. Your skin will become more toned and more moisturized when you drink enough water every day.
It is important to know what types of food should be taken in so you recovery from yeast infection is sooner than expected.